Sunday, Dec. 5, 2004. Baltic Union Conference Executive Committee meeting was held in Riga, Latvia.
The main decisions were:
- To increase offerings for local churches in year 2005.
- Executive committee elected a new youth leader in Baltic Union — Aira Arina.
- The budget for Baltic Union was accepted for year 2005.
- The Church Planting strategy and Global Mission plans were accepted for year 2005.
- The information from GC Annual Council and TED Winter meetings were given.
- The traveling schedule for Baltic Union staff was accepted.
- The grievance and discipline procedure rules were accepted for Baltic Union.
- The student sponsorships were accepted for students in Newbold College: Arunas Cherkasas, Rigo Hallang, Juris Rekis, Rainer Kriisk for BA class.
- The membership in Baltic Union has grown from 6593 (IV Q 2003) to 6641 (III Q 2004). One new church is added in year 2004. Now we have 84 Adventist churches in the Baltic countries.
- There were 215 baptisms and 8 members were added by profession of faith.
- 223 souls were added in total. The sad news is that 98 members died, 48 members dropped and 22 missing.
- The net growth is 48 people (0.73%).
Baltic Union Conference Communication Director